Friday, September 15, 2006

The Night Wash

Several days ago, I was called in to work in the middle of the night for an IT emergency. Because of repaving work being done on the expressway, I had to take the side roads to and from the office. As I was coming back at 3 AM, I was astounded by the sheer number of people standing on the side of the road offering car washes. Who wakes up in the middle of the night and says, "Oh snap! I forgot to get my car washed today and it can't wait until tomorrow!?" Apparently enough people to make it profitable.


"Sorry, honey, tonight I'm working the night shift at the car wash. Which one? See the tree fifty meters down the road? Next to the guy that's washing cars right there, but before the woman that's 3 meters further down the road. Go get my shiny rag so I can flag the cars down as they drive by."

1 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

That was seriously one of the funniest blog entries I've read in a long time...

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home